Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm not sure?

My daughter's birthday is coming up this Saturday. She will be 8 years old. A friend that I've had for 16 years now bought her a book. American Girl "The Care & Keeping of You." This book is a head to toe guide with answers to all of their questions from hair care to haelthy eating, bad breath to bras, periods to pimples, and everything between. This seems like good advice but it also seems very detailed. It shows everything from how to pick out a bra which is great but also has very graphic pictures on how to insert a tampon. I'm just not sure if she is at an appropriate age for a book like this. I would love some advice from other mothers out there. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

TuTu's Bliss said...

You know her better than anyone..for some children I would say it's fine but if it makes you uncomfortable shelve it and save it for later. I've learned to never underestimate a mother's gut feeling.