Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's Turkey Time!

Wow! This year has flown by! I can't believe it's already Thanksgiving. Christmas is just around the corner. This holiday season I find myself thankful for everything that I have in my life. More than any other year. I'm not sure if it's because I've matured over the years and I am learning the things that are most important in life aren't really things at all. I thank God everyday for what he has given to us. Unfortunatly sometimes we really find ourselves counting our blessings when something bad happens. A dear friend of mine, who is 24, was in a car accident today and it has really hit me in the gut. She hit a cement wall on the side of the highway and an eighteen wheeler hit her. They had to perform reconstructive surgery which included placing a metal plate behind her eye. She may lose her eye. This saddens me to no end. I feel for her family and know that her recovery will be a tough one. But I have faith that she will recover from this.


BTW..
My oldest turned 8 this past weekend!! Still can't believe it!

1 comment:

TuTu's Bliss said...

Tragedy seems to have touched everyone this year. I am so sorry that she is suffering and that there is nothing you can do to help. I think that is the hardest part, knowing there is nothing we can do to make it better. Praying for her and hoping for a miracle. Hugs, Jen